G-Suite - Google Classroom
Google Classrooms are online collaborative working environments for teachers and learners.
Teachers can set up a class, invite students and co-teachers and then share information such as assignments, announcements and questions in the class stream. They can quickly see who has or hasn't completed the work and give direct real-time feedback and grades.
Learners can join classes set up by their teacher, see assignments on the To-do page, in the class stream, or in the class calendar and all class materials are automatically filed into Google Drive folders
All Pupils have been sent home with their logins so they can access these resources. If the log on in lost or forgotten contact the school to get it
Office 365 is an integrated experience of cloud-based Microsoft tools which can be used on any browser-enabled device.
This also includes Teams offers a safe and engaging classroom environment for teachers and learners.
The collaborative classroom areas have OneNote Class Notebook built-in, end-to-end assignment management, as well as the ability to integrate Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Planner.
Hwb classes is an area where pupils can access playlist and work set by the teacher. They can also have a discussion.
LINK TO THE WEBSITE
Flipgrid is an online tool that allows teachers to see and hear from every pupil by posting questions to multimedia discussion boards, called grids. Learners verbally complete the assignment by creating a short video response.
Flipgrid is a social and personal learning tool that can be used anywhere at any time.
Mr Preston's Google Classroom Classes:
Class 11 (Vyrnwy) - xzykcv6
Edexcel Maths Group - o5wea4t
Entry Level Maths First Year Group - nbcbbro
Entry Level Maths Second Year Group - lwgxasy
Entry Level Geography Group - zh55j3d
Just2easy (J2e) is an award-winning software toolset designed for education.
In J2e you will find creativity tools, apps and games for Maths, English, Computing and cross-curricular creative activities in a completely personalised learning experience.
All J2e documents have their own unique web address which means, as well as accessing them from any web browser, you can
easily share them with teachers, learners, family and friends.
Britannica is a safe online encyclopaedia with age appropriate resources for learners of all phases.
An Encyclopaedia Britannica search is available in Hwb Resources:
Log in to Hwb
Click on the Encyclopaedia Britannica tile.
Type a subject into the Search teaching and learning resources search bar and click on the magnifying glass icon to search.
At the top of the results list there is an option to filter resources. You can filter by Foundation, Intermediate and Advanced, depending on the required reading level.
Click on the relevant search result, which will open the article in a new tab in your browser.
How to use the Apps
Top eleven education websites for parents
While any type of educational website for learning or work will be beneficial for your child, we believe it is important that you are directed to sites of the most relevance to our pupils. Below is a list of websites that you may find useful during the current school closures.
1. www.ysgolstchristophers.com – our new school website, which will be updated on a regular basis.
2. www.hwb.gov.wales – the online learning platform used by all pupils in Wales. Not only will our online learning be accessible through HWB, but so will a range of other tools and resources. Log in details will be sent home with pupils.
3. https://www.studyladder.co.uk/ - a fantastic online learning resource that has web-based activities. They cover literacy, numeracy and a range of other subjects. Log in details will be sent out with pupils.
4. www.primaryresources.co.uk – a great website with a range of online lessons, presentations and worksheets for all ages.
5. https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize - the BBC’s well renowned educational website which caters for all ages.
6. https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround - another BBC website, this is a child-friendly news resource where pupils’ can keep up to date with current events.
7. https://literacytrust.org.uk/ - a wide collection of literacy information and resources, including book recommendations and tips on how to improve your child’s literacy skills.
8. https://masterthecurriculum.co.uk/ - a website that contains a vast range of maths worksheets for Years 1-6.
9. https://tpet.co.uk/ - another website that contains a variety of free resources packs. Requires a membership, however, there is a free tier that allows 5 downloads per day.
10. https://hourofcode.com/uk/learn - a free website that teaches children to learn how to code through a wide variety of different activities.
11. https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/03/24/chelsea-foundation-launches-online-learning-resource-to-keep-chi - Free workbook from Chelsea football club
Top educational apps for iPad, smartphones or tablets, click on the link or the picture below.